Cook, Vocational Qualification in Restaurant and Catering Services, Day-Time Teaching
Application period ends on the 12th of May, 2023
Study restaurant and catering in a practical way. The employment situation in the industry is good.
A cook who has completed the competence area of food services works at restaurants or in the catering sector, staff canteens, cafés, catering companies, freight and passenger ships as well as institutional kitchens.
Qualification holders are able to
- plan and carry out food preparation or customer service tasks and work in sales in the catering sector
- work in a sales-minded, customer service oriented and quality conscious manner and profitably, productively, and responsibly as well as operate in compliance with hygiene requirements, and sustainable operating practices.
A cook who has completed the qualification knows how to
- work in food preparation tasks at restaurants with different business ideas or missions or in public sector units
- prepare tasty, nutritious, and wholesome food, taking special diets into account
- set out food as individual plated dishes or dishes for a large group of customers.
Completion of the programme leads to a complete vocational qualification in Restaurant and Catering, Food Services competence area (cook). Learn more about qualification requirements in ePerusteet. The scope of the Vocational Qualification in Restaurant and Catering Services is 180 competence points.
Duration and implementation
The programme will begin on 4th of September 2023. Programme duration is approximately 1,5-2 years or according to personal plan. Studies include contact teaching, distance learning and on-the-job learning.
The education is targeted at Finns, citizens of the EU and applicants possessing a residence permit in the EU/Schengen countries. If you have a residence permit in the EU, please attach it to the application.
- Suitability for the field: Good health and flexibility regarding working times are necessary for working in this field.
- Need for education
- Prerequisites for studying: Appropriate study skills and commitment to studies and degree completion.
Learn about completing vocational qualifications.
Price and support
The programme is free of charge for the student. Acquisition of working clothes, working footwear and textbook incur expenses.
You will study full-time. This means that you can apply for support.
Turku Vocational Institute, Lemminkäisenkatu 18, Turku
Click here to apply for the programme in Wilma.
Application period ends on the 12th of May, 2023. Application is by electric admissions form and participating in a compulsory admissions interview.
Learn more about applying and admissions
Admissions interviews are held on 25th of May, 2023. Invitations are sent by email. In addition to your email inbox, frequently check your spam folder.
Students are selected from applicants who meet the admission criteria. All applicants will be notified of admissions.
Ask for more information
Team Leader Tarja Aaltonen, email@example.com
Guidance counsellor Merja Berg, firstname.lastname@example.org